Travelling through Vietnam is an experience like none other. Slightly less tourist filled then other Asian hot spots of Bali and Thailand, Vietnam boasts beautiful beaches and cityscapes waiting to be discovered! You can expect adventure, rich history, culinary delights and ultimate luxury in this hidden paradise.
Combining the best of blissful beach relaxation and cosmopolitan city exploring, we take a look at two incredible five star resorts, in the North and South of Vietnam, waiting to welcome you to the ultimate Vietnam experience…
Panoramic beach views at the Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel & Spa
Vietnam is known to boast some of the most idyllic beaches in all of Asia. Nha Trang is at the centre of Vietnam’s blissful beach coastline and now is the best time to get there! If you’re looking for a holiday that combines the best of adventure and relaxing escapes, the Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel & Spa provides a luxury experience for those who love both an adventure and an escape.
The decadent Sheraton experience in Nha Trang:
Here’s some of the features from Sheraton Nha Trang to look out for:
- The infinity pool on the 6th floor is the main event of the hotel. The pool reflection area is perfect for sunbathers to soak up the sun and swim in paradise surroundings. There is also a Jacuzzi and bubble pool to refresh yourself after a sun session.
- A number of exciting experiences can be booked through Sheraton concierge. There is something for everyone including city cultural tours, countryside and mountain tours and shopping tours.
- If you’re into mastering your cooking skills, the in house cooking school provides classes in traditional Vietnamese cooking, with professional chef instructors and cooking demonstrations. The best part? You can sample all of your delicious cooking afterwards!
Eat and Drink at Sheraton Nha Trang:
The seven restaurants and bars at Sheraton Nha Trang are full of diversity. Here’s an insight into what is on offer:
- Steam and Spice – Described as Asian comfort food, Steam and Spice serves up dim sum and noodles in a market style atmosphere. A bold and vibrant, authentic Vietnamese choice for dinner.
- Feast – Signature restaurant Feast delivers dishes with an around the world menu and fresh seafood ice bar, highlighting Nha Trang as Vietnam’s seafood capital. Feast is trendy and tasty with an extensive range on offer.
- Toastina -Modern and chic cafe style eatery, Toastina is an ideal alfresco option for social catch ups or quiet lunches.
- The Wine Bar – For wine connoisseurs, a good drop is not far away. The wine bar, situated in the lobby, serves over 100 premium wines from around the world including wine regions in Italy, France, Spain, Australia and New Zealand.
- Altitude – A rooftop bar with panoramic views of beachside Nha Trang the latest house music for a weekend club session at sunset.
- Connexions – An upbeat lounge bar, perfect for an elegant night with a glass of champagne and delicious finger foods.
- Plunge – Exotic cocktails and mouth watering snacks up on the 6th floor. Sit out by the pool ,overlooking the beach and take time out with a drink in hand.
What to do in Nha Trang
Nha Trang is an sun-kissed paradise, perfect for zen travelling without the hassle of too many tourists. A vibrant beachside spot surrounded by mountain ranges.
- Get out your scuba suits and the sealife in Nha Trang is incredible. The underwater coral is full of a diverse range of fish making it perfect for scuba diving and snorkelling.
- Families with kids in tow look out for Vinpearl amusement park!
- Nha trang is well known as the Seafood capital of Vietnam, take advantage of the bounty with a fresh seafood spread at one of the many amazing restaurants nestled along the shoreline.
- Visit Po Nagar – Marvel at the intricate stonework of this more than thousand year old Cham temple. The structure is an architectural masterpiece and is still used as a place of worship today!
- Walk through the bustling Dam Market. Here you will find homewares, dry goods, clothes, fabrics, souvenirs, fresh produce and everything in between.
- And of course, the beach in Nha Trang is world class and one of the best in Vietnam.
Interested in Travelling to Vietnam? Explore our Vietnam Travel Guide on Scoopon Life!
A Day of Luxury bathing in Hot Springs and Mud Baths – I Resort
What could be better than a mineral mud bath? The I Resort hot springs and mud baths are extravagant and have been rated #1 attraction in Nha Trang on TripAdvisor.
The perfect place for a day trip in “a meditation space interspersed with nature, characterized by rural Vietnamese village“.
Travel to Ho Chi Minh City for a bustling cosmopolitan city break
Metropolitan Ho Chi Minh City is located in South Vietnam and is rapidly growing as a major tourist destination in Asia. Previously know an Saigon, Ho Chi Minh city is the largest city in Vietnam steeped in history and energised to its core with out of this world shopping options, vibrant street life and amazing food, you can still find a quiet corner to enjoy the frantic pace from a distance and admire the French colonial architecture. We take a look at one of the city’s newest 5 star hotel.
Le Meridien Saigon is a brand new luxury resort opening in early 2015 with an urban chic design and luxury 5 star experiences. Located only 7 kilometres from Tan Son Nhat International Airport, Le Meridien opens it’s doors to a new world and gives hotel stayers an opportunity to experience the best that Vietnam has to offer.
- The Le Meridien Saigon sits right along the Saigon river. A perfect spot for travellers looking to be close to entertainment options and shopping precincts. An ideal base for exploring the wider community in South Vietnam and soaking up some authentic local culture.
- For the foodies, there are plenty of dining options in the city plus wonderful options in-house at Le Meridien Saigon.
- Relaxation is the key to a well balanced holiday. The hot climate in Vietnam means that having access to a gorgeous pool will be essential. Check out the Le Meridien stylish new pool space for a relaxing dip to freshen up in Ho Chi Mihn.
What to do in Ho Chi Minh City:
Ho Chi Minh City provides beautiful cityscapes and riverside views. Within the bustling city there is plenty to see and do!
- Travellers can delve into the history of the city, and the country, at the many museums around town including the Revolutionary Museum, The Warm Remnants Museum and the Vietnam History Museum.
- Impressive landmarks can be found across the city. The 7-storey Quoc Tu Pagoda is a sight worth seeing. The Giac Lam Pagoda, built in 1744, is a wonderful insight into the buddhism and Ho Chi Minh City’s oldest pagoda; the Jade Emperor Pagoda, features exquisite statues and wood carvings. Also worth a look is the Mariamman Hindu Temple.
- One the the most iconic pieces of history from the last century in Vietnam is the network of Củ Chi tunnels. Located an hour from the city, the Cù Chi Tunnels are an underground maze of tunnels used as a secret military base during the Vietnam War. Visitors are invited into the tunnels themselves to get an up close and personal look at the strategies used during the war
- Daredevils only can take a motorbike in the city! Our guide to Vietnam offers some wonderful insights into how to get transport throughout Vietnam.
- Avid shoppers are catered for with the Ben Thanh Market. Look out for wonderful hand made goods such as T-shirts, silk scarves, embroidered bags, satin slippers, carved figurines, and much more. learn some simple Vietnamese phrases and give bargaining a go!